Business Trip To Sandakan
Thursday, September 18, 2008 @ 5:42 PM

Hahahaa so I'm back! It's been about 2 weeks since i returned from Sandakan and it's kinda late to post an entry about it cz it might seem like some cerita bangas by now but hey better late than never eh? hahaha so yes i got back from Indonesia and the very next day I was on my way to Sandakan! Me & my dad drove there along with Vedablu's head chef of the pastry dept. (Nani) and financial controller (Christina). We left at about 8 in the morning and reached there at about 1.30. It's our first time driving there so yeah it was pretty slow hahaha.. We joined Silas ( my eldest brother ) there who has been there several days ahead of us to ensure the finishing of the shop there goes smoothly but the contractors sucked.. they finished 3 days late and that means 3 days less for us to train the new staff there. The opening was on the 31st of Aug. and we only arrived on the 29th. I did manage to introduce myself to the new staff and squeeze in slight training on that day itself. The next day, our 2 best personnel from KK arrived ( Arlin & Siti ) whom happens to be my cousins hahaha but anyways they arrived and we didn't have sufficient time to completely train the staff on everything so we divided them into sections. Beverage, Desserts, Service, Floor and Cash Registering. So i was in charge of Service/Scooping as imposed by Boss Silas. So i thought them basic product knowledge and customer relation skills. I would have to commend the staff in Vedablu Sandakan for their attentiveness and willingness to learn. When they get scolded, they take it contructively and not merajuk in some corner or something. Hahahaha they learn pretty fast and work very hard and i respect them for that =) so the 31st came and it was a grand event. the licensee (Mr. Lo and Miss Sally) called on 10 lion dancers for the occasion and invited close to 300 people. Tents were constructed outside, chinese lion dance music filled the atmosphere, the weather was hot as hell so my prediction for the day was right, we were gonna break our backs today serving all these people =S so it happened.. The minute we opened the doors, people just came gushing in non stop and the whole day we were busy scooping... The display freezer doors were always opened because they just wouldn't stop ordering. Thus, the ice cream started to melt so i instructed them to replace them with new ones from the chest freezer. It was just so hectic, I was only in charge of the Service section but in the end i had to split my attention on all the sections making sure orders were delivered to the right places, making sure the ice creams in the freezers are fine, the cakes are properly displayed, the beverages section recived their orders and desserts and kitchen orders it was as if God cut me into five pieces and yeah you can imagine the rest hahahaha. This started from 10 am to 11 pm. those were the most tiring but fun 13 hours of my life. Hahahaha at about 5 less people came in Tnd at about 6.30 there was finally actually no one standing at the display freezer asking for a order and just whan i thought we had a stop of customers and could sit for awhile, I WAS WRONG AGAIN..... suddenly 10 people came in at once and the whole shennanigans started all over again @@ But in the end we were all happy. The sales reached Vedablu's record high and everyone was satisfied hahaha even the fatigue felt as if it went away. I guess its safe to say its hard work payed off =) The very next day I had to drive back to KK, since all of our best staff and directors were busy, it was up to me and my dad to look after the shops here and thats what I have been doing up until now hahaha which is causing me much of my time. Currently I'm in the office again waiting for my dad hahaha.. Ok enough about the business side, now i'll tell all of you on the personal side of Sandakan. Hahahaha well ntg much happened but yeah I met up with an old friend of mine, Melanie on the first night, she brought me to this place and i forgot the name =S hahaha so yeah we all played drinking games. There were like 7 guys and 2 girls. We played this game called King. Everyone is given a card and whoever gets the King can order 2 numbers to do something. E.g. : I have the King and i ask number 4 and 8 to make out or love bite each other or any shit and they have to do it. If they fail or refuse to do it then they have to down one glass each. Hahahaha so yeah you get the picture, 7 guys 2 girls, the chances of a guy kissing a guy is pretty high hahahahaha so at first we all just drank and drank because which guy in the right mind would kiss another dude?! hahaha so after jugs and jugs and jugs i dont know how many but it seems like the whole table got tipsy and finally.... 2 guys kissed each other @@ i freaked out man hahahahahaha it was so funny yet awkward and disgusting at the same time hahahahaha they were supposed to make out for 5 seconds but they only kissed for like 2 seconds but hey the impact was there man... i think if they did five seconds, i would have DIED...... Hahahahahah so on the night before the opening i met up with Melanie and had a drink and we talked alot about the past and all and it was good hearing from her again.. I could always relate to her and all =) then on the night of the 31st we went out again... I was so so tired but yeah just wanted to meet her again before i went back cz its been a long long time since i saw her and probably a long long time until i'll see her again hahaha.. I'm glad i met many new friends there and they seem like really cool people especially Ka Chong hahahahahaah he's the funniest man... hahahaha and i know this might seem emo or what but i was having my dinner by the roadside on the 31st because there were no tables available for me to eat in the shop cz it was all occupied by customers... so yeah there i was by the roadside and there was a stray dog... it kept looking at me eating... i figured it was hungry so i put a piece of chicken on the floor... the dog came near but then pulled back away... i guess it was scared that i would harm it or something.. so i tried putting more food for him on the floor and he came closer again but then ran away again.. i felt so sorry for him... I know how it feels like to want something, to need something but you just can't do it or try to even get it because you are afraid of the risks. It just continued staring at me the whole time i was eating my dinner... so i decided to put more food on the ground and go behind the pillar and hide for him to eat it. and so he did but the minute he saw me looking at him from behind the pillar, he ran away... it was so sad because after that he just kept looking at me from the distance.. i just left the remainder of my food there because i know he needed it more than me and i went back into the shop... 20 minutes later i came out to check on the food and it was all finished. i felt glad because he finally had the courage to eat the food and got what he wanted whereas i didn't have the courage to go for what i really needed last time =( it's all metaforical hahaha dont take it literally.... At least the dog was smarter and braver than me.. so yeah hahahaha i don't really know how to describe that event and put it in right words but i hope you guys get the message i'm trying to deliver here.. hahahaha so yeah thats it for this post, the next post i will cover on my trip to Kuching and this time it has nothing to do with business at all! ah finally! Hahahahaha take care guys.. thanks for reading =)

0 comments | Post a Comment